Panel Member Identification
All Illinois Articulation Initiative panels will need to continue to operate for
the foreseeable future.
Panel size depends on the diversity of disciplines represented (General Education
Field Panels) or the number and sector of institutions offering programs (Baccalaureate
Majors' Panels). Optimum size, assuming diversity of both disciplines/subfields
and institutions, is 22 to 26 members. In no case should a panel be fewer than 10
Since different methods are used to identify initial panel members from the three
sectors and from the transfer coordinators, these same methods should be used to
In replacing panel members, sector and disciplinary/subfield representation should
All panels select their own co-chairs.
The Steering Panel will continue to include three types of members: The co-chairs
of each of the General Education Field Panels, representatives from institutions
in each of the three sectors, and representatives of the Transfer Coordinators of
Illinois Colleges and Universities.
- Public Universities and Independent Colleges and Universities
- IBHE staff coordinates identification of panelists from participating public universities
and independent colleges and universities, based on size of program and giving consideration
to frequency of representation and special institutional interests or missions.
- Institutions will be given an opportunity to name a replacement for a leaving panel
member. If an institution chooses not to replace a member, another participating
institution from that sector will be given an opportunity to name a member to the
- ICCB staff coordinates identification of panelists from participating public community
colleges, giving consideration to size of program, regional representation, frequency
of representation, and special college interests or missions.
- ICCB staff consults with the organization of chief academic officers to select an
initial or replacement member for each panel.
- ICCB staff consults with the Faculty Organization to select an initial or replacement
member for each panel.
- Transfer Coordinator Representatives
- The Transfer Coordinators' organization elects representatives to the Steering Panel
on a rotating basis.
- The co-chairs of the Transfer Coordinators of Illinois Colleges and Universities
select initial and replacement panel members.
Adopted by the Steering Panel, April 1996