1. Introductions were deemed unnecessary. Panel members wanted to discuss the new system.
a. Is it possible for voting to disappear? One member voted, later went back in, no vote.
b. Is it possible to make a distinction between documents? E.g. more than 1 syllabi
c. One member voted, wanted to amend his comments. Couldn’t bring up his previous information.
2. Course Review:
Courses for Five year review
3. Courses for the PSY 907 identifier were requested in error. It has been decided that Psychology has too many courses to choose from, which could confuse students. The list of courses needs to be pared down, so PSY906 and PSY907 are to be considered for GECC, the rest of the courses for Major. Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, and Developmental Psychology remain for the Major. Krista asked for help with wording on these courses regarding decisions to be posted. After discussion on when to end these courses, it was decided that in order to be fair to students currently taking these courses expecting them to transfer, the courses should continue through December of 2011. Therefore, the co-chairs of the Panel with determine the vote on the remaining courses on the list for 5 year review, as follows:
4. IAI Major directive responses:
a. Review of Round 1 responses
b. Krista will send comments via email from “no” responses, and work over summer to get those to “yes” responses.
c. Some courses at upper level at institutions we won’t be able to fix to transfer credits as course is major not elective from “no” response schools
5. Edits to last meeting minutes: Krista has.
6. Legislation update – SB 00059
a. Web site complaint area is a good way to collect problem information about transfers.
b. Can the panel get a summary of related questions/complaints? Contact Krista
c. Legislations could change how transfer works within Illinois.
d. Senator Silverstein used legislation from California that had no program like IAI. He basically replaced California with Illinois in the bill.
e. SB 00059 basically says that if a student has his/her Associates degree, they are given some measure of security when transferring to a 4 year school, at the Jr. level.
f. Unintended consequences:
i. Major may not be open
ii. Better to transfer before Associate level reached
7. Other items:
a. S8900 Social Psychology is not the same course as Psych. Therefore it should have it own number
8. Krista will try to request courses in early May to be voted on in October. Next Meeting: Friday, October 14, 2011 at Illinois State University’s Alumni Center in Normal, IL or Heartland Community College, Normal, IL at 10:00 am.
**Note: Minutes may not be complete and may be revised at any time.