ILLINOIS ARTICULATION INITIATIVE
To Facilitate Interinstitutional Transfer
|Illinois Board of Higher Education|
431, East Adams, Second Floor
Springfield, IL 62701-1418
|Illinois Community College Board|
401, East Capitol Avenue
Springfield, IL 62701-1711
|Meeting Summary for Major Computer Science Panel Meeting|
CONFERENCE CALL - See call in information below Friday, October 16, 2015
|Members present: : Penny McIntire(Northern Illinois University)|
|Members present virtually: Malinda Aiello(Illinois Board of Higher Education), Eric Barnard(Parkland College), Mary Califf(Illinois State University), Donna Greer(Midstate College), David Klick(Kishwaukee College), Ed Martig(Moraine Valley Community College), Ted Mims(University of Illinois at Springfield), Scotty Nath(McHenry County College), Ram Raghuraman(Joliet Junior College), Todd Simeone(Heartland Community College)|
|Members Absent: Kemal Akkaya(Southern Illinois University Carbondale), Carmen Allen(Lincoln Land Community College), Rohan Attele(Chicago State University), Ashley Becker(Illinois Community College Board), Faith Brenner(Richland Community College), Jan-Jo Chen(Chicago State University), Kari Couch(Parkland College), Sally Field Mullan(College of DuPage), Cyrus Grant(Dominican University), Brad Helm(Rend Lake College), Steve Hyzny(Governors State University), Sue Isermann(Illinois Valley Community College), Krista Jackson(iTransfer System ), Adam Julian(iTransfer System ), Janice Leuchtenberg(iTransfer System ), John Lillis(University of Illinois at Chicago), Lenny Pitt(University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), Stephen Renk(North Central College), Richard Stillwell(iTransfer System ), Meri Winchester(McHenry County College), Xudong Yu(Southern Illinois University Edwardsville), Mengxia Zhu(Southern Illinois University Carbondale)|
1. Introductions & Technology, Welcome New Members
- Welcome Scotty Nath from McHenry CC!
- Malinda is checking with Stephen Renk at North Central College to see if he is still willing and able to serve as the panel's new 4-year co-chair.
2. Training, Orientation & iTransfer.org Updates
3. Course Review
24 courses submitted to the panel for review this season:
- 10 Accepted
- 3 Conditionally Approved
- 5 Not Enough Information
- 5 Returned
- 1 duplicate course submission
4. Course Approval Criteria and Submission Process - Review materials
- Minor revisions made to CS 912 descriptor and the panel's course approval criteria. Malinda will work with iTransfer staff to get these revisions posted to the website and will also make an announcement at the fall statewide Transfer Coordinators meeting.
- Panel discussed enhancing the CS 915 Discreet Structures description. Todd Simeone from Heartland CC volunteered to work on this and will send a draft out to panel members for feedback and further discussion.
5. Items from Panel Members
- Ted Mims announced he is planning to retire next year, but this will be his last term serving on the panel. Best of luck to Ted and many thanks for his years of service to the IAI Computer Science major panel!
- Panel members discussed if their institutions were teaching Java and/or C++.
6. Dates for Next Meetings –
- Spring '16 = March 4
- Fall '16 = October 7