IAI STEERING PANEL MEETING
Friday, November 11, 2011
Parke Hotel & Conference Center
10 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
1. Welcome & Introductions
2. Updates from GECC Co-Chairs and the Transfer Coordinators Committee
GECC Panel co-chairs and the Transfer Coordinators will update the Steering Panel members regarding their activities and fall meetings, where applicable.
3. ICCB, IBHE, and IAI/iTransfer Updates
Major Directive, SB 59, and other items
Transfer-focused subcommittees, Education Panel, and other items
Brief major panel updates
Website re-design, 5 year review process update, and other items
Brief major panel updates
4. New Business
· Policies & Procedures Manual (Additional documents, including Policies & Procedures Manual, will be available prior to meeting, sent under separate email)
o Status of subcommittee
o Presentation of draft
o Review of suggested policy & procedure changes
· Revisiting the charge of the GECC Panels
o GECC Co-Chair Retreat
o Development of Panel Membership Training Program
· Revisiting the charge of the Steering Panel
o Steering Panel, ICCB, & IBHE
o Holding participating institutions accountable
· Course Appeal (pending submission of required appeal letter and supporting documentation)
o IECC appealing course decision by GECC Science Panel
5. Old Business
· As Needed
6. Continued Discussion Items
· Prerequisites for GECC courses
· Online & other course delivery modes
· Quorum/consensus requirements for voting
· Master and/or Representative syllabi
7. Other Business
· Miscellaneous topics as raised by panel members
8. Scheduling of Next Meetings:
· Spring ’12 = Friday, May 4, 2012
· Fall ’12 = Friday, November 16, 2012
Directions to the Parke- Please park on the south end of building, facing the airport, for conference center.
From Chicago: Take I-55 South to Exit 171(Towanda).Proceed south (left) through Towanda .5 miles to where the road comes to a T. Turn right follow the road 4.2 miles to the second traffic light at G.E. Road; take a right followed by a quick left just after First Farmers State Bank onto Leslie Drive.
From St. Louis: Take I-55 North TO EXIT 157B (Veterans Parkway). Proceed North on Veterans Parkway for approximately 6 miles until reaching G.E. Road. Turn right (east) on G.E. Road and continue approximately 3 miles. Turn right onto Leslie Drive, just before First Farmers State Bank and Towanda Barnes Road.
From Champaign: Take I-74 to Exit 142 (downs). Proceed to go through Downs to the first stop sign (Route 150) turn left (North West). Go 2 miles to the first traffic light at Towanda Barnes Road. Turn right (North) and go approximately 5.8 miles to G.E. Road. Turn left onto G.E. Road followed by an immediate left onto Leslie Drive.
From Peoria: Take I-74 East to I-55 North. Take exit 167 (Veterans Parkway). Proceed south on Veterans Parkway until reaching G.E. Road and turn left (East) continue for approximately 3 miles. Turn right onto Leslie Drive hotel is on left hand side.
From I-39: Merger to I-55 North. Get off on Exit 167 (Veterans Parkway). Proceed South on Veterans Parkway until reaching G.E. Road. Turn left (East) on G.E. Road and continue for approximately 3 miles. Turn right onto Leslie Drive to Parke Hotel.
From CIRA: Exit Airport going right or east on Route 9. First stoplight turn left to Towanda Barnes Road. Turn left at next stoplight onto GE Road and turn left on Leslie Drive. The hotel is on the left.