1. Review the courses submitted and make course decisions. See list provided.Review system:http://www.itransfer.org/iai/review/
2. New system comments and concerns - Krista to describe some functions coming soon
Meeting system to include new calendaring functions and rsvp options, agenda and summary system - archiving of old minutes (clean break).Members can express comments and concerns over functionality of new voting system, etc.
3. Discuss the 5 year review for the panel.How do we proceed? Do we want to look at descriptions now to narrow the number somewhat? Do we do the review and see where we can make improvements as the process moves along and not worry about narrowing?
a. Review the website information regarding the criteria updates from previous panel meetings:http://www.itransfer.org/iai/container.aspx?section=faculty&subsection=panel&topic=panelRelatedDocs
Are we clear enough now that the process is to begin?
b. This 5 year is will be ongoing for this panel.We can choose to look at every course approved in IAI for the panel or we can make a good faith review.This would mean that the panel looks at a random selection of courses for particular identifiers or all identifiers as the panel chooses.Pros and Cons of these choices will be discussed.
c. Since we must start in the fall, after discussing all of the above and with a clear picture of the process, where do we start?Our options:Particular course identifiers we deem need reviewing and then decide on all or just a good faith attempt, allow the randomization feature to select institutions and randomize identifiers up to our predetermined limit (what is that limit), and all courses with the panel from a random selection of institutions up to a predetermined limit (again what is that limit).Krista will review the system with members to see if there any other alternatives.
d.Once we determine our process, Krista will begin requesting courses for the 5 year review in May and we will have any courses submitted as a result of the requests plus any new courses to review starting on October 1st.
- Updates of activities within institutions
- Additional panel member questions/items
- Next Meeting:Friday, October 21st from 10 to 2:30 at ISU's Alumni Center or Heartland Community College, Normal, IL.