Fundamentals of acting: concentration, observation, playing action and other basics are introduced through acting exercises, improvisatiojns, and scene study. Major acting approaches, such as Cohen, Meisner, Stanislavski, and Shurtleff, will be used as the basis for helping the actor acquire craft to create believable characters.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working vocabulary of acting terms
- Identify, analyze and utilize the criteria necessary to determine excellence in acting
- To develop performance skills utilizing activities such as improvisation, scene study and monologues.
- To begin the life-long journey of developing one’s own acting process
- Understand acting theory and demonstrate through classroom exercises
Copyright © 1996 - 2018 iTransfer.
If you have questions about transferring in Illinois, we may be able to help. Reach
us at email@example.com, Phone:
Illinois Board of Higher Education,
Illinois Community College Board
Illinois State Board of Education
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Site disclaimer statement